Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Lucia de Lammermoor


8 November 2005(moved from Yahoo! 360)- My boss sold me discounted tickets to the Met but I had been so busy I almost forgot about them until the night before. With my roommate's impending return to London in a couple of weeks after 3 months of fruitless search for a job here in cruel New York, I decided to offer him one of the tickets. I always thought his CD collection of exclusively classical music bizarre for a guy his age, but then if anyone was going to enjoy the opera, it was going to be Wesley. So with my overbearing boss, her 94 year old godmother, and the godmother's grandaughter, we watched Lucia di Lammermoor. It goes without saying, of course, that I managed to doze off a couple of times. And everytime I awoke, I was zoned out and thought, "Why are there 50 people on a stage outscreaming each other? ...Oh, I'm still at the Opera"

No comments: